ArtZone is the home studio and Art classroom of Joanna Cooke, an artist who lives in Kirstenhof, Cape Town. (Read more about Joanna Cooke HERE).
What makes art classes at ArtZone special?
We release the creativity and potential of each individual. You will learn basics and essential art techniques, while having fun. Whatever your preferred style of learning & expression, it’s accommodated and celebrated.
We believe your art classes should be the escape you look forward to more than anything in your week. Doing art must be fun, as well as developing you to become the someone you never thought you could be. And at the end of a class you have produced something beautiful, as well as having spent 2 – 3 hours relaxing and having fun.
You can learn:
- Drawing – Pencils, Pens, Ink (Short Workshops HERE)
- Oil Painting (Short Workshops HERE)
- Watercolour Painting
- Pastel and Pencil Techniques
- Abstract or Realistic Techniques
- Calligraphy and Illumination (more info HERE)
- Guidance in any other Art Techniques you’re interested in
What ArtZone art classes ARE:
- Flexible – any medium or expression is encouraged to allow you to develop your own style
- Relaxing – you’re here to have fun and enjoy the experience
- Confidence-building – you will feel good about what you produce and receive encouragement, not criticism
- Unintimidating – all levels, styles and methods are celebrated, with a teacher who is infinitely patient – no pressure!
- Constructive – you learn the right techniques through positive feedback & guidance
- Highly stimulating – you will be exposed to many styles, techniques & inspirational works of other artists
What ArtZone classes are NOT:
- Everyone being made to copy the same subject
- Lectures and rules and “making the grade”
- Haphazard or totally unstructured “play sessions” with little guidance
- Boring or predictable