Our Drawing Workshop is a vital starting point for any aspiring artist, as the ability to draw is the foundation to good painting and other visual art. Do you long to be an artist, but have never learned the basics? Or have you dabbled in art but need to improve your drawing skills? I recommend these classes for all beginners or people who haven’t done art for many years.
Any artist or teacher will agree that if you can’t draw, you will struggle to create an artwork that anyone will want to hang on their walls! The good news is that you can learn to draw in only 6 hours, and develop a foundation to create amazing paintings, drawings or any other form of visual art.
This drawing workshop runs over three x 2-hour sessions, on Saturday mornings. You will learn:
- How and where to start with contour lines
- How to draw 3-dimensional shape, form, depth and tone (light & shade) from life or photos
- Tools and tips for scaling up and down from photos of different sizes
- Composition guidelines
- How to draw faces and human form
- Guidelines for perspective and depth
- Perspective and shapes in landscapes and nature
Cost: R980 for 3 x 2-hour sessions (three consecutive weeks)
Next drawing workshop dates (2020): Saturday 22 & 29 February; 7 March; Times: 10:00 – 12:00