Do you long to be an artist, but have never learned the basics? Or have you dabbled in art but need to improve your drawing skills? Our Drawing Workshops are a vital starting point for any aspiring artist, as the ability to draw is the foundation to good painting and other visual art. I recommend these classes for all beginners or people who haven’t done art for many years.
Any artist or teacher will agree that if you can’t draw, you will struggle to create an artwork that anyone will want to hang on their walls! The good news is that you can learn to draw in only 6 hours, and develop a foundation to create amazing paintings, drawings or any other form of visual art.
This workshop runs over three x 2-hour sessions, on Saturday afternoons. You will learn:
- How to “see” shape, form, depth, tone (light and shade) and colour in still life, real life and photographs
- How to do contour drawings so that your drawings look like the objects you’re drawing
- How to define 3-dimensional shapes with shading
- Dark, medium and light shadow and how to achieve it
- Scaling up and down from photographs of different sizes
- Composition Guidelines
- Tools for perspective and shape in landscapes, portrait and figure studies
Cost: R800 for 3 x 2-hour sessions, one per week for three weeks.
Next workshop dates (2019): Saturday 27 April, 4 May, 11 May; Times – 10:00 – 12:00