Oil painting is the easiest painting mediums to learn to use. In this three-session (one 2-hour lesson per week) workshop you will learn how to:
- Mix and use a palette of basic colours
- Choose the most economical and high quality oil paints and brushes
- Use oil painting mediums effectively
- Choose and mix colours effectively
- Prepare a canvas with an underpainting “ground”
- Create opaque and transparent layers
- Use light and spontaneous brushstrokes and blend colours on your canvas
- Paint tonal values for beautiful, light-sensitive portraits, landscapes, life studies or any other subject matter
Cost: R1200 for the course. Paints, brushes and cleaning materials supplied, bring your own canvas and apron.
Next Workshop Dates (2020): Saturday 18 & 25 April; Times – 10:00 – 12:00
Students should have basic drawing skills before attending this workshop. See our Drawing Workshop if you would like to learn drawing skills.